Community Support Team (CST) services at Carolina Outreach consist of community-based therapeutic and case management services. Clients are adults with mental health and/or substance abuse problems who are not able to make progress with office-based outpatient therapy due to symptom severity.
Clients must have additional difficulties, such as the following:
- Frequent crises, including admissions to a hospital or crisis center
- Homelessness or unstable housing/couch surfing
- Legal problems
- Thoughts of hurting yourself or others
- Difficulty controlling anger
- Severe mood swings
- Inappropriate public behavior
- Medication and medical problems
CST uses a team approach to assist clients in all areas of functioning so that clients can reduce crisis episodes, obtain stable housing, connect with school or vocational opportunities, be more independent, improve social skills, and learn coping skills to manage their mental health and substance abuse symptoms. CST staff are available 24/7/365 in the event of a crisis.