Our professional mission is to provide mental health services. Our underlying goal is to help clients and employees fulfill their life’s ambitions. Our higher goal is to improve society. We can succeed on all fronts by maintaining an organization that treats clients, families, and employees with dignity and respect, and by giving means for them to tap into and develop their inherent strengths.
Our Corporate Responsibilities
To clients and their families
- We will provide services in a way that reinforces the dignity of every person and the right of people to chart their own course in life.
- We will live up to the trust clients and families bestow in us, and will promote their individual and family strengths.
- We will always communicate with clients and families in open and direct ways, embracing them as partners in their mental health care.
- We will be flexible in the way we provide services, tailoring what we do to the specific needs of each individual and family.
- We will honor cultural differences, recognizing that we can learn important lessons from every person with whom we have contact.
- We will provide services to, and advocate for, clients and families who have been marginalized in society.
To employees of Carolina Outreach
- We will hire the most highly skilled people who thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- We will create a work environment where employees are trusted and have the autonomy to be innovative and pro-active in carrying out their duties.
- We will provide our employees with the resources they need to work effectively.
- We will consistently seek and respond to feedback from all employees regarding ways to improve the organization.
- We will foster personal, social, and professional growth in all employees.
- We will create opportunities for advancement in the company, with advancement based on merit, growth, and commitment to our core values.
- We will provide fair wages, benefits, and an expectation of ongoing employment.
- We will take the steps necessary to ensure each employee’s professional competence, growth, and adherence to our core values.
To the managers at Carolina Outreach
- We will create a management structure that represents the diversity of our employees.
- We will provide our managers with the support they need to implement our core values and our clinical and business strategies.
- We will value differences of opinion and an open process of decision-making.
- We will create clear channels for communicating information to and from all employees.
To the greater community
- We will advocate for positive social change through partnership and advocacy at the State and Local levels.
- We will share what we have learned regarding services to families so that these lessons can be applied on a greater scale.
To our financial well-being
- We will adhere to our core values in all decision-making, with the confidence that a fair profit will result.
- We will ensure company sustainability, modifying corporate strategies and structure as necessary.
- We will create reserves that allow us to pay for mistakes, develop innovative programs, and tolerate difficult financial times.